- Liebman, Matt, and Elizabeth Dyck. 1993. Crop rotation and intercropping strategies for weed management. Ecological Applications. Vol. 3, No. 1. p. 92-122. Abstract at: www.sarep. ucdavis.edu/NEWSLTR/v5n4/sa-13.htm
- Staff. SAN. 1998. Managing Cover Crops Profit ably. Second Edition. Handbook Series Book 3. Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN). Belts-ville, MD.
- Ferguson, Charles, and Bala Rathinasabapathi.
- Allopathy: How plants suppress other plants. HS944. University of Florida IFAS Extension. Gainesville, FL. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/HS/HS18600.pdf
- Merfield, Charles. 2002. Organic Weed Manage ment: A Practical Guide. 29 p.
5. Peet, Mary. Weed Management. No date. Sustainable Practices for Vegetable Production in the South. North Carolina State University. www.cals.ncsu.edu/sustainable/peet/IPM/weeds/ c07weeds.html
- National Organic Standards. Regulatory Text Only. AMS/USDA.
- a href="http://www.ams.usda.gov/nop/NOP/standards/Full">http://www.ams.usda.gov/nop/NOP/standards/Full RegTextOnly.html
- Magdoff, Fred, and Harold van Es. 2000. Build ing Soils for Better Crops. Second Edition. Handbook Series Book 4. Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN). Beltsville, MD.
- Lee, J.J., R.D. Park, Y.W. Kim, J.H. Shim, D.H.
Chae, Y.S. Rim, B.K. Sohn, T.H. Kim, and K.Y. Kim. 2004. Effect of food waste compost on microbial population, soil enzyme activity and lettuce growth. Bioresource Technology. Vol. 93, No. 1. p. 21-28.
Soil microbial activity after restoration of a semiarid soil by organic amendments. Soil-Biology and Biochemistry. Vol. 35, No. 3. p. 463-469.
- Sharpley, A. N., T. Daniel, T. Sims, J. Lemu-nyou, R. Stevens, and R. Parry. 1999. Agricultural phosphorus and eutrophication. USDA Agricultural Research Service. ARS-149. USDA-ARS Pasture Systems and Watershed Management Research Laboratory. University Park, PA. 37 p.
- Drinkwater, L.E., P. Wagoner, and M. Sarranto-nio, 1998. Legume-based cropping systems have reduced carbon and nitrogen losses. Nature. Vol. 396, No. 6708. p. 262-265.
- Guthman, Julie. 2004. Agrarian Dreams: The Paradox of Organic Farming in California. University of California Press. Berkeley, CA. 26 p.
- Clapperton, Jill, and Megan Ryan. 2002. Soil Biology in the key to healthy soil and direct-seeding advantage. Pacific Northwest Conservation Tillage Systems Information Source. Direct Seed Conference. Washington State University. Pullman, WA.
- McCracken, D.V., M.S. Smith, J.H. Grove, C.T. MacKown, and R.L. Blevins. 1994. Nitrate leaching as influenced by cover cropping and nitrogen source. Soil Science Society of America journal. Vol. 58, No. 5. p. 1476-1483.
- National Organic Standards. National List-Regulatory Text. AMS/USDA. www.ams.usda.gov/nop/NOP/standards/ListReg. html
Hollister, Stephen. 2000. NRCS Nutrient Management Planning.
Best Management Practices: A Manure Nutrient Management Program. Ohio State University Extension.
Was this article helpful?