Local authorities

Authorities vary in provisions made for small businesses but all have been asked to simplify and cut delays in planning applications. In Assisted Areas, rent-free periods and reductions in rates may be available on certain industrial and commercial properties. As a preliminary to either purchasing or renting business premises, the following booklets will be helpful:

Step by Step Guide to Planning Permission for Small Businesses, and Business Leases and Security of Tenure

Both are issued by the Department of Employment and are available at council offices, Citizens' Advice Bureau and TEC offices. Some authorities run training schemes in conjunction with local industry and educational establishments.

Point of contact: usually the Planning Department - ask for the Industrial Development or Economic Development Officer.

Was this article helpful?

0 0

Post a comment