- 1) Plastic deck planter with sealed bottom. We used a Dynamic Designs 27" x 12" x 10" deck planter but you can use a round or square one as wellby improvising. Make sure your container is free from holes and made of opaque (non-transparent) plastic.
- 1) 2500cc minimum air pump. We used an Elite 801 single output with a "T" fitting to split the air tubing into two feeds. You can use a dual outlet Elite 802 for better performance without the "T" fitting.
- 2) 12" Air Curtains or (1) 24" air curtain to provide a stream of air bubbles to oxygenate nutrient bath - Needs to run the entire length of the planter.
- 1) 1/4" Airline "T" fitting to split the output of a single outlet air pump - not necessary if using a dual outlet air pump or if you use a single air curtain that runs the entire length of the planter.
- 1) 1/4" Air Tubing to connect pump outlet(s) to air curtain.
- 28 ltr.) LECA or 3/8" gravel. This is to fill the Dynamic Design planter, others will vary. Make sure the medium is rinsed clean from grit and dust before use.
- Hydroponic nutrients + Assorted rubber bands and plastic zip-ties
Was this article helpful?
This is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to growing organic, healthy vegetable, herbs and house plants without soil. Clearly illustrated with black and white line drawings, the book covers every aspect of home hydroponic gardening.
Get My Free Ebook