In physical/cultural control, some hazards are:
- Unsafe use of cultivation equipment, such as ploughs, rotavators, flame throwers and steam sterilization equipment, used to control weeds, pests and diseases.
- Unsafe removal of infected trees.
- Unsafe burning of infected plant material.
When using cultural control, risks can be minimized by:
- following guidelines for the safe use of ploughs and rotavators to avoid damage to humans and adjoining crops or plantings;
- following guidelines for the safe use of flame throwers and steam sterilization equipment;
- taking safety precautions when removing infected shrubs and trees;
- carefully transferring infected plants to dumps or compost sites, thus avoiding the spread of infections.
Was this article helpful?
You Might Just End Up Spending More Time In Planning Your Greenhouse Than Your Home Don’t Blame Us If Your Wife Gets Mad. Don't Be A Conventional Greenhouse Dreamer! Come Out Of The Mould, Build Your Own And Let Your Greenhouse Give A Better Yield Than Any Other In Town! Discover How You Can Start Your Own Greenhouse With Healthier Plants… Anytime Of The Year!
Get My Free Ebook