Fantastic foliar teeding formula

"Foliar (or leaf) feeding is the most efficient way to fertilize," says John Dromgoole, owner of Garden-Ville nursery in Austin, Texas, and host of the "Gardening Naturally" radio program. "When you apply fertilizer to the soil, the roots may take up as little as 10 percent of the nutrients," he explains, "but when fertilizer is applied to the leaves, 90 percent of the material is absorbed." John regularly foliar-feeds all of the nursery stock at Garden-Ville, as well as the plants in his home landscape. His formula includes fish emulsion for nitrogen and seaweed for trace minerals, growth stimulants, and plant hormones. One of John's secret ingredients is blackstrap molasses, which contains iron and sulfur as well as simple sugars that nourish the plants.

0 0

Post a comment