After completing this laboratory topic, students should be able to:
- Recognize the characteristics of flower, fruit, and seed that define the family of legumes.
- Understand the food value of edible legumes.
- Describe the nitrogen biogcochcmical cyclc and how legumes and the nitrogen fixing bactcria housed within their roots play a significant role in this cyclc.
- Recognize the properties of fats and oils and rhc biological and industrial value of saturated and unsaturated triglycerides.
- Describe the components of soap, make an all vegetable soap, and explain the soap-making process.
Was this article helpful?
You Might Just End Up Spending More Time In Planning Your Greenhouse Than Your Home Don’t Blame Us If Your Wife Gets Mad. Don't Be A Conventional Greenhouse Dreamer! Come Out Of The Mould, Build Your Own And Let Your Greenhouse Give A Better Yield Than Any Other In Town! Discover How You Can Start Your Own Greenhouse With Healthier Plants… Anytime Of The Year!
Get My Free Ebook