After completing diis laboratory topic, students should be able to:
- Name the chemical constituents of starch.
- Apply the diagnostic test for the identification of starch and identify' starch grains from a variety of plants.
- Recognize the variety of plant organs that have been modified as underground storage organs.
- Name the characteristics of the major starchy staples: white potato, sweet potato, cassava, yam, and taro.
- Appreciate the potential nutritional and commercial value of crops from odier regions of the world.
Was this article helpful?
You Might Just End Up Spending More Time In Planning Your Greenhouse Than Your Home Don’t Blame Us If Your Wife Gets Mad. Don't Be A Conventional Greenhouse Dreamer! Come Out Of The Mould, Build Your Own And Let Your Greenhouse Give A Better Yield Than Any Other In Town! Discover How You Can Start Your Own Greenhouse With Healthier Plants… Anytime Of The Year!
Get My Free Ebook